yarny bookworm

Follow on Bloglovin

Montag, 14. März 2016

Double Chocolate Heaven

Hey Guys!

My best friend and her boyfriend love to cook and have guests. They invited me and my husband over for dinner many, many times and everything they ever made was utterly delicious. So we decided that it's our turn, to invite them and cook for them. They visited us last week and we had a lovely evening!
I made mushroom risotto. I love making risotto and it turned out yummy everytime I made it.

But I thought about dessert for a while. Should I bake a cake? Make muffins? A mousse? Or something else? Just a fruit salad?

A while ago I stumbled over a german blog called Tulpentag. Jenny posts about Interior, DIY and she shares tons of delicious recipes. It was there that I found the recipe for the Double Chocolate Tarte and I decided that THIS was the cake I needed to try. It turned out wonderfully delicious and that's why I asked Jennys permission to share that recipe with you, as it's only available in German on her blog. Click over to visit here for the nicer pictures!

Here we go.
You need:

200 g dark chocolate (I used a 40 percent chocolate)
60 g coconut oil
130 g sunflower oil
220g brown sugar
5 eggs
30 g cocoa powder
2 spoons (spelt) flour
100g raspberries

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
First melt the chocolate with the coconut oil.



When the chocolate is liquid, put it in a lager bowl. Mix it with sunflower oil, the sugar, the flour and the cocoa powder. Mix until its smooth.



Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until they're stiff. Gently stir the egg yolk into your mixture and then fold in the beaten egg whites.



Put the dough into a tarte dish. 



Put the dish into the oven and bake the tarte for about 20-23 minutes. I used a toothpick to see, if the tarte is ready. Prick the toothpick into the tarte - no dough should stick to your toothpick when you put it back out!



I made a rasperry sauce to go with it. Therefore I squished the raspberries through a sieve and mixed it with a little sugar and vanilla.



Et voilá - here is your super delicious double chocolate tarte. Best enjoyed with freshly brewed coffee and some lovely people as your company!



3 Kommentare: