yarny bookworm

Follow on Bloglovin

Dienstag, 29. Juli 2014

10 random things about myself

as I've seen posts like this on various blogs and I always liked to read them, I thought about telling you ten random things about myself. So let's go!

1.
From age 8 until age 14 I took piano lessons. I only stopped because my teacher wanted to force me to play only classical music which I totally disliked. I took some lessons a few years ago but never got into it again. I probably will regret the fact that I stopped those lessons for the rest of my life.

2.
In 2012 I met my man, left university, moved back in with my parents, started to work in a library, had a long-distance-relationship for 5 months and then followed my man on his journey around the world in December. We met in Bangkok and visited the Philippines, drove 6000 kms on the West coast of Australia in a campervan, spent a week in New Zealand, were in LA on the Oscar Weekend and spend 5 weeks in Peru before we ran out of money and headed back home. Greatest adventure of my live!

3.
I have three tattoos on my body. The sentence "stop chasing shadows, just enjoy the ride" on my right ribs, a big mandala on my back and a condor on my right ankle (the last one was made in Peru, as a memory of my journey!)

4.
My mother wanted to name me Carmen, but my grandmother protestet against it, as "Carmen" is a prostitute in the opera. And my mother gave in!!

5.
I collect coffee mugs. Whenever I visit a country or a city I buy a coffee mug there as a souvenir. I have mugs from Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Germany, Malta, Croatia, Peru and France. They're used every day!

6.
I have REALLY big feet. Actually, really long toes! I was at the beach once, wearing flip-flops and a little boy, about 3 or 4 years old, was amazed at how long my toes were! He yelled it all over the beach. Embarrassing, I can tell you. But he's right. My toes are REALLY LONG. Oh my God, look at those toes. How long they are. That's what he said!

7.
I will be getting married next year. My man proposed under the Christmas tree. Very romantic!

8.
I read at an unusually high speed. At least that's what a friend of mine found out, when she tested me. Might be a reason, why I can finish books in one day (for example "Casual Vacancy" by J.K. Rowling. Started in the morning, finished by night. Gave me a huge headache, though!)

9.
I started smoking when I was 13 years old. Pretty young, I know. I used to go to the club each Saturday, when I was 15. Laws in Austria aren't that strict when it comes to young people and going out. I quit smoking when I was 20. I had my very last cigarette in January 2013. I was really sick afterwards. Never wanted another cigarette again.

10.
I once got 200 bed bug bites in just one night. That happened in a rather shabby hostel in Perth. The second night I got another 100 bites. Probably the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had. I still have some scars left.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Lovely post, and really interesting! The last one made me squirm, it sounds awful! My hubbie proposed at a Weihnachtsmarkt - Xmas is so romantic isn't it :) Your travelling sounds absolutely amazing!

    AntwortenLöschen