yarny bookworm

Follow on Bloglovin

Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2014

I am

making:
Granny squares for a hot water bottle cover. I know, it's mid-summer and it's way too early to think about hot water bottles, but Kate over at foxs lane (great blog, by the way. If you don't know it, go over there immediately and read EVERYTHING Kate has ever written!) has startet a crochet along and so I joined in! 


gathering some left-over yarn

my first squares!


thinking:
about all the preparations that need to be done for the weekend. On Saturday our little town has its annual town party (no idea how to translate Stadtfest) and my man and I will have our own bar, serving Schnitzelsemmel (a Schnitzel, ketchup, and a leaf of lettuce in a roll. Best. Snack. Ever.) and cold beer and Spritzer. We already did it last year and it was really successful. Lots of money for one night of work. So we decided to do it again this year. I already started a list. I love lists.

feeling:
happy and sad at the same time. Today's my last day at work. I'm really sad to have to leave all those nice and wonderfull colleagues behind. But I won't miss the work per se. It was pretty dry technical stuff. Come Monday I will work in the book industry. Something I wanted to do all my life. An office job as well but not in the industrial district that I am working now, but in the very centre of Vienna, right behind the Stephansdom. Prepare yourself for some photo-heavy posts when I walk through the tourists part of Vienna. EVERY DAY! I'm really excited!

worrying:
about the heavy rainfalls that hit our town last night. The main street was completely under water! The fire department was working all through the night because a lot of basements were flooded due to the massive amounts of water! Poor people! 


that's how the main street in our little town looked like yesterday. horrible!

eating:
the last piece of the delicious plum cake that I bake for my colleagues yesterday. I come from a part in Austria were cakes, cookies and pies are a very important part in our everyday life and in our culture. My mom is a wonderful baker, she makes the most delicious cakes and pastries and I got the recipe from her. It's a very easy one, suitable for all kind of fruit cakes.

the plums for my cake. they could have been sweeter...

...but the cake turned out fine. That's the only picture. Its life was rather short.


smelling:
the ripe and juicy peaches that are right beside me and waiting to be eaten. My godfather is a fruit farmer (and he makes schnapps out of those fruits too) and he brought us some wonderful peaches. The smell is divine - it fills up the whole room. Can't wait to bite into them! 


yummy peaches.

dreaming:
about the little escape that my man and me (or my man and I??) talked about last night. See, August 15th is a friday and a holiday in Austria. Which means, there is a long weekend. Now, if the man will be able to have the 16th off at work, we will jump on his new bike and drive down to Croatia. Now this will mean that we will drive on day, then have one day to spend at the beach and then drive back for one day. Sounds a little crazy, but that is how we roll. Or ride.


my man's motorcycle. and himself in the background.

wishing:
for a warm and sunny weekend so our bar on Saturday will be a (financial) success which will enable us to turn a dream (weekend in Croatia) into reality!

hoping:
that all of you have  a lovely week yourself and a even more lovely weekend ahead of you. I'm curious: what are you planning, making, smelling, eating, hoping, wishin, dreaming? Tell me, I'd love to know! :)

8 Kommentare:

  1. Hello, I enjoyed reading your blog post :) I had to look up what 'schnitzel' was on wikipedia - sounds delicious.

    I am looking forward to your pictures of Vienna. It is a place I've never been, but have always wanted to visit. But that rain - Yikes!

    If I have a chance to write a blog post like yours by the end of the week, I will. Enjoy your weekend. Oh, and good luck with the new job!

    Kim x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, Schnitzel is very delicious! I would say that it's something like the national dish of Austria!

      Löschen
  2. Cute granny squares! Good luck with your new job :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! I'm way behind the crochet along though. Hope to catch up this week! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Löschen
  3. Hallo
    Ich bin gerade auf deinen Blog gestoßen, und finde ihn richtig toll :)

    Schau doch mal auf meinem Blog vorbei.
    http://momentaufnahmenblog.blogspot.co.at/

    Vielleicht hast du ja Lust mir Feedback dazulassen?

    Ich freue mich auf deinen Besuch.
    Liebe Grüße

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. How was the fest?? Hope the weather was nice and those floods have also dried up. The cake and schnapps look scrummy! Good luck with your new job, very jealous of your walk to work through Vienna ;) Also loving the hot water bottle CAL - I think I've prob left it too late now, but looking forward to seeing how everyone else's have turned out!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Well the fest wasn't as nice as we thought it would be. Not many people very visiting. But it was still fun.

      Löschen
    2. Oh and I wouldn't say that it's too late to join in with the warer bottle cal! There are only two steps so far, crocheting the squares and joining them together. I am rather behind myself but as everything is online you can always look up the instructions to keep up. You should join us! :)

      Löschen