yarny bookworm

Follow on Bloglovin

Sonntag, 24. Januar 2016

Looking for a name


Hey guys, 

During the Christmas holidays, we visited my sister in law and her amazing family in Salzburg. She is married and has three children, two boys, aged 7 and 8 and a little baby girl, who's just a little over seven months right now. 

One evening, we sat together after the kids went to bed and we talked about my crochet work. As I told you before, I'd like to make a little extra money with my crochet work. So I showed my sil the lalylala dolls that I made so far. She was thrilled by the looks of it and asked me, if I would make one for my little niece. 
When we talked about whether I should crochet the cute kangaroo or the even cuter little lamb, her husband interfered. He said, that all the dolls and puppets are way too cute and wasn't there something more masculin? Like...a dragon? 

Well thank god that I bought the pattern for Dirk the Dragon a while ago but never got around to try it out. And when I asked about the colors, my sister in law immediatly said: PINK! 

I guess, finally having a little girl after living with a husband and two sons for ten years makes you really girly. 

So I bought the yarn. 

And started to crochet. 

A few days later I had all parts ready. 


And when it snowed really bad this Saturday, and we decided to stay in and have a lazy day on the couch I started to sew all the parts together. 


Whenever I make a doll for a baby, I rather stitch the eyes on, than use plastic eyes so that there is no choking hazars. And with every doll I'm getting better and better. 


I'm nearly finished now and I can't wakt to visit my sister in law again to give little Lea her little dragon. 


Probably not the kind of dragon my brohter in law had in mind, but I hope, my lovely niece will like it as much as I do and she'll play with it and treasure it for a very long time. 

Now all I need is a new name. "Dirk" isn't really fitting for my little pink baby. So I need your help. If you would have any suggestion for my nameless dragon please let me know. I'm thankul for your help! 

5 Kommentare:

  1. Antworten
    1. oh yes. My two nephews decided for their little sister - the dragon will be named Josephine - Josey! I think it's a wonderful name! :)

      Löschen
  2. Ohhh wie süß!
    Ich wünschte ich könnte auch so toll häkeln.. aber irgendwie bin ich da zu verbissen...
    *seufz*
    wird immer alles so eng und verzogen...

    Viele liebe Grüße

    Franzy

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Liebe Franzy, dafür hab ich absolut null Gesprü für Inneneinrichtung und Design! ;-)
      Aber ich nehm auch gerne Aufträge an, falls du mal gerne so eine süße Häkelpuppe für dich oder zum verschenken brauchst! :)

      Löschen
  3. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen