yarny bookworm

Follow on Bloglovin

Samstag, 25. Oktober 2014

Time is running

Oh boy, where did October go? Only 6 days left in this month. I can't believe how fast the time is running. A little too fast for my taste...

Work is crazy, as usual and therefore I didn't get as much things done this week as I hoped, but here's a quick, rather random update for you. 

First a little explanation: the company where I work is organizing the Vienna book fair. It starts in three week and that's the reason for the long hours. But it's really fun and I'm excited to be part of this huuuge and interesting project. 

I'm thinking about getting a book tattoo in my inner left upper arm (this will hurt so badly!!). It's still just a thought. I already have three tattoos and I always wanted to have a tattoo of my biggest passion! I will keep you posted on that. 

Last weekend we had the most gorgeous weather! It was sunny and warm and felt much like summer. When my man came home from work, he wanted to put his motorcycle helmet on the shelf in the hallway. The shelf came crashing down and we spent the weekend redesigning the hallway. We bought new furniture, built it, put it in the hallway, put all our things back in. It was a lot of work but we really like it now. It's cleaner and more organized and all those new drawers that we have now are really handy. I tried to make a picture for you but the hallway has no window so it's really dark. And it barely fits two people so it's really small and it was impossible. Sorry. 
We did manage to put our rollerskates on and make a trip to the lake, though. Would have been a shame not to enjoy the nice weather. 

With rearranging the hall we had a shoecase left over. And I immediately thought that this would be a nice yarn and craft supply storage. See, we have a really small appartment and until last week my yarn was put into tote bags and they were all over the place, which drove my man crazy! So, I now have my own little craft corner and I absolutely love it! 


I also baked Toffiffee muffins. Just little muffins with a Toffiffee (I hope you know these - little chocolate/caramel/hazelnut-treats. Those are so yummy!) centre. The chocolate and caramel melts when you put it in the oven ans it just tastes soooo good! Would you like the recipe for these? Really easy and quick to make and people always love them. 


And I managed to get a little crochet done. I made a few more christmas ornaments and experienced with different colors. But these will be put in another post. 
And I worked on Paul the toadstool! You can't see it in this picture, but he got hands! He's nearly finished and I feel that my first, proper ta-dah post will be coming soon! 


Isn't he lovely? My man already claimed him for himself and as soon as my mum saw him she ordered herself one lovely lalylala doll. 

Well, I have to go now. I'm invited to my aunts 50th birthday party today which means a family gathering (I love those, especially since my cousins are having babies which means I can cuddle those little boys all das long!) and lots and lots and LOTS of food! 

We'll be heading to London on Wednesday. As ir was a cheap flight we don't start in Vienna but in Salzburg. Which isn't that bad since my man's sister lives there with her husband and two sons (more children. Yay!) and we're going to visit her too. So there will be a lot to talk about and LOTS of pictures!

Have a nice weekend, lovelies! What are your plans? I'd love to hear!!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Sounds like a very busy week! The weather here in Germany wasn't as nice. Very stormy and wet!

    The muffings look very yummy! Can I have one pllleeaasse? I can't make these because the bf is allergic to hazelnuts...

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The muffins sound delicious and Paul is coming along nicely isn't he? How exciting that you'll be in London on Wednesday. It's half term holiday this week so we'll be hanging out and seeing friends.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. The muffins look scrummy! And I can't believe how quickly you're crocheting Paul :) Good luck with all the prep for the book fair, it must be fairly hectic? I love your craft space, I'm still campaigning for one of those ;) Have an amazing time in London, the weather is supposed to be mild next week so hopefully it will be kind for you :D

    AntwortenLöschen